Applying for a Camp scholarship
For every Camp event, a percentage of registrations are allocated as scholarships to individuals who feel strongly drawn to Camp Souldust, but are unable to afford attending due to life circumstances.
In addition to being funded by Souldust, these scholarships are sometimes also supported by the generosity of other campers in the Souldust community, as well as partners and sponsors. They are reserved for candidates who otherwise legitimately do not have the means to afford attending.
A few things of note:
- Current scholarship applications are limited to the Spring 2018 event, to be held April 20-23, 2018. There will be a separate application for the October camp in Oregon.
- To apply, please fill out one application per person/email. Applications must be submitted by the applicant unless you are an alumni referring someone to be a camper.
- This year, we particular encourage applicants with marginalized identities to apply!
- Applicant must be at least 18 years of age to attend Camp Souldust.
- Scholarships are non-transferable to another person or another event.
- Scholarships are partial or full, and for Camp registration only. No other expenses are covered, such as but not limited to transportation, workshop materials fees, or private sessions.
- Please consider carefully whether you “cannot otherwise afford attending.” In other words, consider if you truly have hardship or you have chosen to spend your dollars elsewhere (note: “elsewhere” example = travel, not rent and groceries).
- Please be sure you’ll be able to attend if you apply!
The scholarship application window for Spring Camp in April 2018 will be open until January 31, 2018. Recipients will be selected no later than March 15. You may be contacted prior to that date with additional questions regarding your application. We look forward to seeing you at Camp Souldust!